Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Quick update

While I haven't been posting, I have been reading...

Joey's bilirubin levels are dropping. He's at about 6.2 right now, down from 11 something last week. I guess these crazy feedings are helping. Speaking of which, I'm allowed to go three hours between feedings at night now. That said, if Joey woke up two hours after the last feeding, I'd get up and feed him because the baby knows when he is hungry, feeding on demand and all that but now the pedi says I don't have to wake him up to feed him. (I need some SLEEP!!!!)

His belly button is just about ready to fall off. They didn't put that drying agent stuff on it in the NICU in case they had to go through his navel for an IV so it's taking a little longer to fall off than it might have.

He's up to 5 pounds, 9 ounces from 5 pounds, 5 ounces last Thursday. He's gaining an ounce a day, which is what the pedi and NICU staff wanted.

Andy is adjusting to being at home. We're trying to keep to a fairly strict schedule like they did at the daycare but it's hard. He's having his early intervention sessions here and that means I have to keep the living room neat enough for the therapist to have a place to work with him. He hasn't napped since Friday and I have a feeling it's going to be a fight this afternoon.

Off to dress and feed Andy while Joey sleeps... this is much harder than I thought it would be.



( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
Feb. 28th, 2006 01:30 pm (UTC)
It's overwhelming at first but IT DOES get a lot easier. Is DH around to help you?
Feb. 28th, 2006 01:58 pm (UTC)
that's good to know, because for the most part, no, DH is not here to help.

Feb. 28th, 2006 02:01 pm (UTC)
Did he take any time off? the 1st 2 weeks my DH was around and that time w/priceless because S nursed a lot and I was super tired so it was great that I had him around to focus on M, KWIM?
Feb. 28th, 2006 02:09 pm (UTC)
He was off the week after Joey was born but I was in the hospital most of the week and then running back and forth for the rest of it. One week was all he could really take because of the type of job he's in-- if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid...
Feb. 28th, 2006 01:41 pm (UTC)
this is much harder than I thought it would be.

It gets easier - you'll start to get into a little groove. The easiest times are when the baby is still really sleepy, imo. Now that Sam's awake more, I'm finding it a bit trickier to figure when/how to get things done.

I'm sure the added stress of a preemie (he is considered a preemie?) must make it that much harder.

Feb. 28th, 2006 01:59 pm (UTC)
I think that when I'm comfortable taking Joey out into the germ-filled world (because he is considered a preemie and very susceptible to RSV) we'll be better off. I just have a really hard time entertaining Andy inside the house sans TV. We just spent half an hour playing with playdough before he heard the theme song to the Doodlebops (whom I *HATE*) and took off to the living room.
Feb. 28th, 2006 05:26 pm (UTC)
I would love to come over and help, if I could! But then we wouldn't want Bella near the baby, I guess. But if I could, I would.
Feb. 28th, 2006 08:38 pm (UTC)
hang in there...

when you have a minute, do you still want those small fb? i normally wouldnt even ask since i know how busy you are, but we are trying to get $$ for a vacation and we have to pay for it in the next few days, so im trying to get rid of some stuff to make $$. if you think youll want them later, thats cool too, ill save them for you. no problem. but if you dont want them, i kinda need to sell them.
Mar. 1st, 2006 09:34 am (UTC)
Sounds like Joey is doing really well! That's awesome. And how is Mommy? Not running herself too ragged I hope?

Also, how is Nela?
( 9 comments — Leave a comment )