Anyway, one of her posts struck me. She wrote a list of the things that women really want.
What women really want.
- Empathy. Listen to her, understand her, feel her happiness and feel her pain. If this doesn’t come naturally to you – you’re not alone. Men are less emotional than women by nature. But try. Ask her follow up questions. If you don’t know what to say – hold her.
- Make her life better. Not by buying her things (although that doesn’t hurt) but by making her laugh, making her dinner, cleaning her kitchen, rubbing her back, kissing her every night. Add something to her life. Don’t just leave a dent in her couch.
- Companionship. Be her best friend. Be there for her come thick or thin.
- Trust her. Jealousy is one of the most unattractive traits a man can possess.
- Satisfy her in bed…consistently. Enjoy her, let her know you enjoy her. Making her happy should make you happy. I can’t tell you how many guys out there “finish” and then roll over and pass out. Bad news.
- Kisses. Lots and lots of kisses and hugs.
- Forgive her when she flies off the handle. Don’t take it personally. Women, once again, are emotional creatures. We have a tendency to get more upset then a man would about the same issue. Relax. Breath. Don’t make it worse. Accept the fact that we are scared sometimes, that we need to vent and sometimes it’s on you.
- Keep her on her toes. Entertain her. Turn off the TV – play a board game, take her out for a fancy date at least once a month.
- Be nice to her friends. Do your best to respect and enjoy her friends. Take a woman away from her friends and you’re doomed.
- Make a big deal out of all holidays, birthdays and anniversaries…not necessarily with presents but these are the days of the year that you must, must say something sweet.
- Flowers. Enough said.
- Love her. Really love her, don’t just say you do.
And then I realized how lucky I really am because that list is all about Wayne.