When I did get to tune in, Sarah Jessica Parker and Daniel Craig (who is so going on my list) were giving out the makeup and costuming awards. I loved the set behind them-- the backstage theater dressing area thing.
I just sat for an hour researching and writing my review of the Oscars and then the laptop, which was not plugged in, died. All LJ autosaved was the above. So now, you get the review in bullets.
- New order of awards distributed, following the movie making process: cool
- Montage of movie genres set to cool music: awesome
- Previous winners praise nominees: very nice. Cuba Gooding should have played it straight.
- Song nominee medley: suckage
- In Memoriam song: good, but get the camera off Queen Latifah and let me cry over the dead
- Multiple screens for memoriam segment: seizure inducing
- Gowns: mostly bleh. I liked Diane Lane's and Anne Hathaway's.
- Why was Miley Cyrus there?
- Loved the musical numbers
- Why Sir Ben Kingsley but not Sir Anthony Hopkins?
- I continue to LOVE Kate Winslet
- Ben Stiller's Joaquin Phoenix impersonation was cheap, mean-spirited and misplaced.