Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Seriously busier than usual

It all started on Thursday night... I went out to dinner with my friend, Markella, who I haven't really seen in a million years or so.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory in King of Prussia, PA.  For the first time ever I was unhappy with what I ordered there.  I had the Bistro Shrimp pasta or something like that and it sucked.  The sauce was totally bland and the shrimp were embedded in huge hunks of dough masquerading as batter. I didn't send it back but when the server brought the check, I told her I didn't like it.  So she comped it, which was pretty much what I hoped for since I barely touched it.  We did have their appetizer sampler and could have been happy with just that. 

Friday night I was supposed to go to a crop, but I didn't. 

Saturday Steve and I finally (a year late!) got around to painting the boys room. I couldn't take them being in a lavender Rugrats themed room any more.  So my mom came over early and picked up the boys.  Steve and I went to Lowe's and got supplies.  Back at the house we spackled and sanded and primed and painted and now my little boys have a little boys' room.  I actually used the leftover paints from when we did Andy's original room.  We painted two walls pale blue and two walls beige.  Then there's this funky little diagonal wall that the door is on.  We painted that BRIGHT red.  It looks cool.  I need to hang the accessories and decorative stuff on the walls to tie it all together.  I really like it, it's really cute.  Anyway, we busted our butts all day, picked up the boys and crashed hard.

Sunday I was supposed to be hostessing a Tastefully Simple party but NO ONE rsvp'd yes.  So I converted it to a book party.  Speaking of which, I need a couple more orders for it to "count" so if anyone wants to place an order before Tuesday morning, please let me know.  So instead of hosting, I went to a PartyLite show at my cousin's house.  Since her invitations went out first, she got all the guests. 

Yesterday I went out to dinner in Manhattan with my friend, Chani, from Northwestern.  She comes to NYC twice a year for work and we always get together, catch up, gossip and hang out.  I got home at 1:30 in the morning.  

It's been a whirlwind and I am exhausted.  Since both of the boys are napping nicely I'm sacked out on the living room floor watching Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


( 2 comments — Leave a comment )
Jan. 30th, 2007 09:18 pm (UTC)
How did their room get to be lavender in the first place? Did "purplejuli" do that? ;) You'll have to post pics of the new room. It sounds like you guys did a great job!

I miss you, you gotta post more often!
Jan. 30th, 2007 09:28 pm (UTC)
It was originally Rachel's room but since it's bigger and the two boys have to share, we moved her to the smaller room and the boys to the bigger one.
( 2 comments — Leave a comment )